Monday, August 26, 2013

Hello

So I finally decided to start my own blog.  I figure I spend so much time reading other peoples blogs that I should have one of my own.  Since I am a homeschooling mom to my two wonderful little girls most of my posts will be about my adventures in raising and schooling them. 

Today was our first day of school for this school year. I've already done two years of preschool/K with my oldest daughter, Emma.  However since she is 5 (6 in November) if she was in public school she would be starting K this year so I decided to go ahead with another year of K instead of 1st grade.  She's very good at math but still needs a lot of work on reading so that will be our main focus this year.  Emma was recently diagnosed with ADHD, so she is incredibly active and has a very short attention span (just another of the many reasons why homeschooling makes sense for our family).  I am trying to come up with as many fun, hands-on games and activties as I can to teach her and as few worksheets as possible (I think worksheets are boring too!).

Abigail, my 2 year old, has developmental delays.  So she will be needing to start therapy soon.  I will be working with her too, mostly on speech, as she can only say about 5 words.

With this blog I hope to share funny (and not so funny) stories about my kids, homeschooling books/lesson plans/unit studies that we use, crafts we make, reviews of products I like, other blogs/websites I like, and much more.  I also plan to use this as a diary of sorts for my girls to look back on when they get older to go along with the scrapbooks I'm making them.  If there's anything you'd like to see on this blog please let me know.  Thanks and I hope you enjoy reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment