Sunday, January 12, 2014

Ancient Egypt Unit Study

On Thursday we will be going on a homeschool field trip to the Penn Museum in Philadelphia for a tour of the Ancient Egypt exhibit.  So I put together a unit study to do this week to prepare Emma.

I got most of my ideas from Pinterest.

Here are some of the things I have planned for us to do this week.  I will be back to update and add pictures of what we did and well as pictures from the field trip.

*Mummify a Barbie doll.  We used gauze and adhesive tape.  I think it came out really well.

*Write our names in hieroglyphics (we have a stamp set for this).  We did this but I forgot to take a picture.
*Color related pictures
*Make a pyramid from Lego's or other blocks.  We didn't get to do it this week but still hope to at some point.
*Locate Egypt on the map or globe.  Check.
*Make Egyptian cuffs out of toilet paper rolls


*Read books (Magic Treehouse Mummies in the Morning and related research guide; Ms. Frizzle's Adventures: Ancient Egypt).  Read these.
*Talk about the importance of the Nile river.  This was covered on our tour.

I am optimistic we will accomplish at least most of these things before Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment