Friday, February 14, 2014

Snow, snow, and more snow

Like most of the east coast we got hit by a big snowstorm.  14 inches in our part of Delaware!  And a chance of more snow tomorrow!  There has been more than enough snow this winter and I am so ready for spring to arrive.

Our poor dogs have to hop through the snow and our boxer has to be pushed outside since he really hates the cold and snow.


 

Since we were snowed in yesterday I made the girls a sensory bin.  I filled a plastic container with rice, then found things around the house to make different categories.  So far I have shapes, colors, spring (including Easter), winter (including Christmas and Valentine's day), and Fall (including Halloween and Thanksgiving).  It was a huge hit with the girls, although an extra mess for me to clean up.  I recommend doing it on a tablecloth that you can just shake off outside.

                                                      Color category
                                                    Shapes, fall, and spring
                                                       Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment